Thursday, July 19, 2012

Review: Alien Invasion of the Zombie Apocalypse


Alien Invasion of the Zombie Apocalypse
Alien Invasion of the Zombie Apocalypse by Ford Forkum

My rating: 5 of 5 stars



Book Info: Genre: Horror/Sci-fi Satire Reading Level: Young Adult and up

Disclosure: I picked up a copy on Amazon when it was free; I also noticed the author was wanting reviews, so I’m happy to provide an honest review

Synopsis: In a satirical combination of two end-of-the-world scenarios, a zombie plague is quickly followed by an alien invasion - in a time when humanity is already struggling with vampires.

Landing dead center at a college campus swarming with zombies, the aliens soon realize that their abduction mission is going to be quite a bit more complicated than they'd imagined. The presence of vampires only makes the situation worse.

Will humanity survive the dystopian absurdity?

My Thoughts: The tone of this book reminds me a great deal of the works of Terry Pratchett and Douglas Adams. This is an extremely silly little tale, but lots of fun to read for those of you who, like me, enjoy the extremely silly.

Mashing together a vampire infestation, zombie uprising, and alien invasion, you’ll laugh at the antics of the aliens, roll your eyes at the vampires, and generally wonder WTF this guy was on when he wrote it – but you will definitely enjoy the ride. Recommended if you like to laugh (and who doesn’t?).



View all my reviews

2 comments:

  1. Hello, Katy!
    Do you review short stories? I would be happy if you could review one of mine. What's the best way to contact you? Thanks!

    Tim

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey, Tim - I don't mind reading a short now and again. You can find me on Goodreads (my activity chart there should be just to the right), or you can email me directly at my gmail e-dress, which is katy.sozaeva

      Will look forward to hearing from you.

      Delete

My apologies for the moderation, but I am spending almost an hour a day deleting spam messages. I will approve all comments as quickly as possible.