Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Book Review Repost: "Ascension" by S.L. Madden

Please note: I originally read this book 9/12-13/2011 and post the review on 9/13; I am re-posting it here so all my S.L. Madden reviews show up together. You'll note the change in review posting techniques, I'm sure.

AscensionAscension by S.L. Madden

My rating: 5 of 5 stars


“Ascension” is an absolutely riveting novel - I sat and read it straight through, pausing only when absolutely necessary. It is almost impossible to explain the plot without spoiling it, but I will try. Kharma has been set up on a blind date by her roommate and best friend, Beth. When she meets Chance, there is an immediate spark and she ends up going home with him. The next morning, when she wakes up, the entire world has changed. And throughout the day, it continues to change, throwing her from one reality to another. Is she actually going to alternate realities – or has she finally gone insane, like her mother before her?

The beginning of this book is like some dreams I have had – it has the potential to have been confusing, Madden writes in such a way as to keep the reader right there with Kharma. While we’re not certain what’s happening on the one hand, on the other hand the writing style is clear and it is easy to follow. I loved this book and I heartily recommend it to anyone who enjoys a good story that will keep you guessing and on your toes. Great stuff!



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

My apologies for the moderation, but I am spending almost an hour a day deleting spam messages. I will approve all comments as quickly as possible.