Sunday, November 4, 2012

Review: Zombie, Interrupted


Zombie, Interrupted
Zombie, Interrupted by Rusty Fischer

My rating: 5 of 5 stars



Book Info: Genre: Dark Urban Fantasy
Reading Level: Young Adult
Recommended for: fans of non-traditional zombie stories

Disclosure: I was given this ebook as a gift from a person unrelated to the author, in exchange for some editing work I did for her. The book was chosen from my wishlist. All opinions are my own and are unaffected by any external forces.

Synopsis: As a zombie, Reggie is used to people asking questions. But when his ex-girlfriend Julia decides to play reporter and record his “confession,” Reggie decides to turn her exposé into a true crime story—with Julia at his side!

My Thoughts: This is a short story from the hilarious Rusty Fischer (Panty Raid at Zombie High, Vamplayers, and Ushers, Inc have all been read and reviewed by me previously, and those reviews can be read by clicking the link on each title on sites where links are allowed), and is the first in the Reanimated Readz series of stories, most of which I have and will be reading and reviewing. (I am still missing The Zombie Vote, but will likely buy it so I can read it with the rest of them, depending on how much reading time I have today) Since they are short, I should be able to get through most of them quickly; it’s just a matter of working them around my sleep.

This story is a little more serious and dark than the books I previously mentioned, but not without its moments of humor. I think this story does an apt job of showing how the inhumanity of people transcends boundaries of traditional monsters and puts into question who the monster truly is. Thought-provoking and a great story. Rusty Fischer is a great author and I recommend his works in general.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

My apologies for the moderation, but I am spending almost an hour a day deleting spam messages. I will approve all comments as quickly as possible.