Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Review: Three Names of the Hidden God


Three Names of the Hidden God
Three Names of the Hidden God by Vera Nazarian

My rating: 5 of 5 stars



Book Info: Genre: Fantasy
Reading Level: Adult
Recommended for: anyone who enjoyed Dreams of the Compass Rose or enjoys beautiful stories
Trigger Warnings: Patricide

Disclosure: I picked this up on Smashwords, where it happened to be free, because I enjoyed the novel Dreams of the Compass Rose, in which universe this story is set. No review was requested. All opinions are my own.

Synopsis: What occult mysteries tie together a magical disappearing lake, a courageous young birdcatcher, a hidden god, and the savage politics of an ancient kingdom?

My Thoughts: I really enjoyed Dreams of the Compass Rose (review here where formatting allowed), so when I discovered this short story was set in that universe, I just had to read it.
URL link: http://www.goodreads.com/review/show/222284301

This story fit perfectly into that universe. There is nothing I can really tell you about the story without ruining, but I loved it. It was a brillian, beautiful and bright jewel of a story. I am absolutely resolved to pick up any Vera Nazarian books and stories I do not already have, so watch for another Vera Nazarian marathon to come at another time.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

My apologies for the moderation, but I am spending almost an hour a day deleting spam messages. I will approve all comments as quickly as possible.