Sunday, January 27, 2013

Review: The Wizard Takes the Cake


The Wizard Takes the Cake
The Wizard Takes the Cake by Red Tash

My rating: 5 of 5 stars



Book Info: Genre: Short, humorous fantasy
Reading Level: Adult
Recommended for: Those who enjoy tales of wizards, those who like to laugh.

Disclosure: I purchased this book for myself because it sounded fun. All opinions are my own.

Synopsis: The Wizard is back, and this time he's taking us to a wedding. Do you have what it takes to be a wizard's +1?

My Thoughts: What does the song “Funky Cold Medina” have to do with demons? Read this book to find out.

This one is a bit more serious. We are provided the backstory for Nemesis, and the demon, and Monte Carlo, and a tragic tale it is. I was impressed by Tash’s ability to make me laugh right in the middle of all the angst, and I loved the ending.

I haven’t paid much attention to the few typos I found in this series, but this one had a misuse so hilarious I just have to bring it up. After describing the smell of food coming in through an open window, the wizard describes himself as “ravished.” Ummmmm... I really don’t think this is what the author meant. By the context, I would guess she meant “famished” or “ravenous.”

These stories are a lot of fun, and I’ll be watching for new ones. If you like tales of wizards, and to laugh, then definitely check the Wizard Tales out.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

My apologies for the moderation, but I am spending almost an hour a day deleting spam messages. I will approve all comments as quickly as possible.