Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Review: Promissory Payback


Promissory Payback
Promissory Payback by Laurel Dewey

My rating: 5 of 5 stars



Please note: Read and reviewed in October, 2011 from an e-galley provided by The Story Plant via NetGalley. Updating review formatting.

About the Story: This novella/novelette is in the Detective Jane Perry series of novels. It is the first one I’ve read, so it is likely that I didn’t catch everything that a long-time reader of the series might have; however, the story is written in such a way that it can be read and stand by itself.

My Synopsis: Perry is called to a murder case – the woman is hog-tied on her own bed, no sign of forced entry or struggle, and has been suffocated with duct tape over her nose and mouth. She was discovered by her long-term friend, Laura Abernathy, who says she was responding to a call from the previous evening requesting that she come over to see Carolyn, the victim. As Perry investigates the murder, she untangles a complex web of lies and plots to discover the reason for the killing, as well as who was involved.

My Thoughts: I really enjoyed this quick read – it is cleverly written and plotted. I am definitely going to be tracking down the series of books – Perry is an interesting and complex character and I’d love to read more about her escapades and exploits. A very satisfying read for fans of mystery and suspense alike!




View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

My apologies for the moderation, but I am spending almost an hour a day deleting spam messages. I will approve all comments as quickly as possible.