Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Review: Thalo Blue


Thalo Blue
Thalo Blue by Jason McIntyre

My rating: 0 of 5 stars



DNF at 54 percent. I am not rating it, but here is the review I started which will explain why I'm not finishing it.

Book Info: Genre: Horror
Reading Level: Adult
Recommended for:
Trigger Warnings: drug use, underage drinking, attempted murder, child molestation, rape

My Thoughts: Every now and then I go through my Amazon library and use Random.org to pick a “random read” in order to read some of the books I've picked up for myself; that is what this book is, a random read.

Apparently the editing was random, too. I noticed the following typos, many of which should have been caught by spellcheck: thier; “taught fishing line” should be taut; Theif repeatedly during a single paragraph but correct elsewhere; whooly (wooly); volume nob (knob); phalically... I don't think phallic can be made into an adverb, but if it were, it would have two “l”s in phallic. This was just in the first half of the book.

I had a really difficult time finishing this one, because it wasn't engaging me and I kept falling asleep. I had a hard time following the plot and it just didn't make sense to me. I might try again someday, but... I just can't finish this one right now.

Disclosure: I picked this book up on Amazon during a free promotion. I am not aware of having had any contact with this author, and no review has been solicited, but I am happy to provide an honest review. All opinions are my own.

Synopsis: A young man on the brink of true adulthood experiences the trauma of his life when a trespasser breaks into his home. Sebastion Redfield and the psychiatrist assigned to help him recover from the break-in begin to unravel a more disturbing truth about his ordeal: that someone, or something, has been hunting him.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

My apologies for the moderation, but I am spending almost an hour a day deleting spam messages. I will approve all comments as quickly as possible.